How to reach us
Department of Cell Biology
Center of Molecular Medicine
University Medical Center Utrecht
AZU, Room H02.313
3584 CX Utrecht
How to reach the location:
From Schiphol Airport to Utrecht
The best way to travel from Schiphol Airport to Utrecht is by train. Tickets can be purchased from the ticket office or vending machines at Schiphol station. Please be advised that, in the Netherlands, return tickets are valid for one day only. There is a direct connection to Utrecht Centraal; it runs twice an hour and the trip takes you 30 minutes. At Utrecht Centraal there are buses as well as taxis, which can take you to your final destination.
How to reach the UMC by bus (from the Utrecht Centraal railway station)
Bus number 28 and 12 go to De Uithof (the location of the University Medical Center Utrecht) from Utrecht Centraal - railway station. These buses leave every 3 to 5 minutes. The ride takes about 20 minutes and costs 3 bus ‘strips’ (see below).
• Route 28 passes Leuvenlaan and stops and also stops in front of the University Medical Center Utrecht.
• Route 12 takes the 'Weg tot de Wetenschap' (Road to Science) and also stops in front of the University Medical Center Utrecht.
Tickets can be purchased from the bus driver.
How to reach the UMC by car
There are various routes to University campus of the De Uithof, depending on the direction you drive from. De Uithof is easily accessible by car and there are plenty of parking facilities.
• From Amsterdam (e.g. Schiphol): Take the A2 motorway to Utrecht. Approaching the city, take the Utrecht Noord exit onto the N230. Follow the N230 and take the A27 exit. On the A27 motorway, follow the 'De Uithof' sign at the 'Rijnsweerd' intersection; this takes you onto the A28 motorway. On the A28, take the first exit marked ‘De Uithof’.
• From The Hague / Rotterdam or Arnhem: Take the A12 motorway to Utrecht.
On the A12, take the ‘Amersfoort’ exit onto the A27 motorway at the ‘Lunetten’ intersection. On the A27, follow the ‘De Uithof’ sign at the ‘Rijnsweerd’ intersection. On the A28, take the first exit to ‘De Uithof’.
• From Hilversum or Breda: Take the A27 motorway to Utrecht. On the A27, take the ‘De Uithof’ exit onto the A28 at the ‘Rijnsweerd’ intersection. On the A28, take the first exit to ‘De Uithof’.
• From Amersfoort: Take the A28 motorway to Utrecht. On the A28, take the ‘De Uithof’ exit (after the Zeist / Den Dolder exit).
• From Den Bosch and Eindhoven: Take the A2 motorway to Utrecht. On the A2, take the ‘Amersfoort’ exit to the A27 at the ‘Oudenrijn’ intersection. On the A27, take the ‘Amersfoort’ exit to the A28 at the ‘Lunetten’ intersection. On the A28, take the first exit to ‘De Uithof’. You will enter De Uithof from the north via the “Universiteitsweg” (University Road). On the campus, the various buildings are clearly sign-posted. See also Map of Utrecht and Map of University campus De Uithof.